Slater and Carter are very close in age, in case you haven't noticed, 16 months almost EXACTLY. Slater was born on June 14 and Carter was born on October 15, just a few hours past the 14th.
Life with 2 boys so close in age has been very adventurous to say the least. It can be very challenging some of the time, luckily NOT ALL of the time!! However, something wonderful has been happening for some time now that for some reason I have just noticed. These 2 "bobo brothers" (diego reference), as we lovingly call them, have turned into best friends.
Sure they fight alot, but they are also SWEET and LOVING and KIND to one another alot. Recently, I have been taking them to the "Tot Drop" during Cara's diving lessons at the community center so I can watch her without all their distraction. Everytime I pick them up, after only 45 minutes, they are always only playing with each other. In a room full of other children they play with just each other quitely and nicely. And they are NOT shy kids! Just this morning, Carter said that his tummy hurt so Slater went and brought him a blanket and a pillow and tried to make a little bed for him so he could be comfy.
I am sure that the fights will only get worse as they get older, but I pray that they LOVE each other and PROTECT each other more than they punch each other!!! And now that we have added another boy also close in age to them I am sure that the FUN is just getting started...








No comments:
Post a Comment